I hope you all are as excited as I am that it is finally friday! I have been on the struggle bus this week and felt really tired, which I am attributing to allergies at least in part. I’ve missed a week or so of blogging with all the busy things happenings including graduation for my brother and some big work events. But I’m back and my Friday hug is a bit on the personal side this week.
Over the past few months I have been going through some relationship struggles and work challenges, which have definitely left me feeling in need of a new beginning. In a few weeks I will be turning 28, which may seem young but also induces some anxiety about where I am in my life right now and how I want to invest my time and energy going forward. So…I thought would make a list of 28 goals to accomplish in my 28th year as inspiration to take a more positive approach to the change. I am definitely going to need help staying accountable, so if you wish to be a hiking/running buddy, food sampler, or event-goer with me I would love the company 🙂
28 Goals for Meg’s 28th Year
- Run a new marathon PR (hopefully sub 3:25 🙂
- Run the Boston Marathon and enjoy every minute
- Hike 3 mountains
- Develop a healthier, balanced eating routine and stick to it!
- Visit a new dog park with Lola and Louie
- Learn to make homemade croissants
- Plan and go on an international vacation
- Visit 5 new restaurants in Boston
- Strength train at least 1 time per week
- Create a new piece of artwork
- Read 10 new books
- Go running on a beach and a trail
- Visit a new brewery or distillery
- Do kareoke
- Host and cook a fancy dinner party
- Go paddle boarding or kayaking or both!
- Volunteer at a new place
- Attend a concert at a new venue
- Take a totally different kind of fitness class
- Go on a 20+ mile bike ride
- Identify new career goals and/or apply for a new position
- See a new cultural performance (play, ballet, etc.)
- Go sky diving
- Continue my blog!
- Finally decorate my office
- Discover a new coffee shop
- Send thoughtful notes to at least 15 people I care about
- Visit a new U.S. city
Thanks for reading and for you support. I’m pretty excited about this list.
Have a wonderful weekend!